Who We Are
Every decision we make rests on whether or not we're bettering the lives and experiences of the people inside and outside of our walls. It's the way we innovate and rethink the possibilities of our products and services, it's the way we foster and build relationships with our team members and our customers and it's the way we prioritize our social impact initiatives to serve the communities we live, work and play in. With a rapidly expanding group of over 11,000 team members and a diverse portfolio of best-in-class brands — we've proven, time and again, by putting people first, our company's possibilities are truly endless.
Why We are Different
At Lippert Components, Everyone Matters. We are striving to make lives better through meaningful relationships with our co-workers, our customers, and our communities. LCI team members feel a deeper sense of purpose at work, and we continue to build a better work environment by aligning our cultural and business strategies with the needs of our many team members. We measure success by how we touch the lives of people inside and outside our walls.
What You will Get
- A company culture where everyone
- Healthcare + Dental + Vision + 401k with Employer match
- Career development and mentoring
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Annual flu immunization
- Holiday, personal and vacation days
- Local and national discounts
- Wellness offerings
Job Description Summary:
Responsible for HR functions within the location within the organization, including associate orientation, onboarding, HR compliance, HR communications, associate training, counseling and coaching, performance management and improvement. The person in this role will work with the business line functional leaders and line staff to solve problems, make recommendations and help propel the organization forward. This position will report to the HR Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the Human Resources Generalist will consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Promote and foster a healthy work environment; raise awareness of available programs to assist associates; implement appropriate associate engagement programs and union avoidance initiatives (as applicable)
- Support associate relations, ethics, or compliance investigations (initial interviews & fact gathering); maintain tracking for issues/concerns and handle inquiries from associates or managers
- Works closely with assigned business segments’ management in order to be proactive in planning HR business support needs and issues, and to ensure all of the HR needs are being met in a timely and professional manner
- Partner with assigned business segments to serve as dedicated HR contact
- Work closely with each business segment in order to gain thorough understanding of each segments' needs as it relates to recruiting, staffing, planning, training, payroll, benefits, coaching and associate relations
- Implement company-wide or location-specific HR initiatives
- Advise leaders on people issues
- Advise business leaders on change management, performance issues, responding to associate or community concerns, compliance or ethics investigations, etc.
- Coach designated leaders through change management, performance management issues, etc.
- Advise leaders on learning and organizational development; may include program implementation such as ensuring completion of associate development plans, updating the succession plan and implementing other programs and tools
- Interpret and drive departmental action planning as a result of associate engagement surveys; assess facility “temperature” through formal and informal sensing and plan actions with department managers
- Engage in and coordinate company efforts for volunteerism in the community
- Advise designated leaders on performance counseling and discipline procedures; consult on suspension or termination of employment actions; provide information on RIF processes and severance
- Escalate major issues to HR Director or VP of HR when appropriate
- Work with HR Director and VP of HR to give feedback on strategies and programs to more effectively meet the needs of businesses
- Support Payroll & Benefits (Total Rewards) Shared Services with benefits enrollment at facility level
- Work with designated department leaders on Talent Reviews, workforce planning, including position control/review; aligning with budget, productivity metrics, resourcing processes, etc.
- Support effective leader and associate communications
- Support utilization of the HR support model; guide associates to the appropriate channel and ensure proper utilization of HR policies and processes
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Results Action Oriented
- Displaying Technical Expertise
- Time Management/Organizational Ability
- Work Experience: 3 years’ of human resources experience dealing with retention, succession planning, change management, associate relations, performance improvement, associate engagement, etc.); 1 years’ of human resources experience within a manufacturing environment
- Education: Associate’s degree in Business, Organizational Development, Human Resources or related field
- Computer Skills: Prior experience working with HRIS systems; experience working with Performance Management and Learning Management systems; intermediate Excel skills and experience with reporting analytics tools
- Organization Skills: Excellent organizational, ability to multi-task and shift priorities as needed
- Cross-functional Skills: Ability to work well cross-functionally; engages and builds effective relationships across the organization; provides excellent internal and external customer service
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal skills; ability to influence and possesses organizational savvy; ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information; ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization; strong interpersonal skills
- Problem Solving Skills: High level of resourcefulness; excellent problem solving skills with the ability to provide easily understood solutions; demonstrates execution skills
- Physical, Mental and Visual Skills: Ability to read, write, type; sitting and standing for long periods of time up to 8 hours per day
- Physical Environment: Normal office environment; potential of exposure to moving equipment, if proper safety procedures are not followed
- Travel Requirements: Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Organizational Development, Human Resources or related fields or equivalent is strongly preferred
- Computer Skills: Prior experience working with Learning Management Software, ADP Workforce Now or other HRIS systems
- Certifications: PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM SCP; or other professional certifications and designations are highly desired
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The expected work hours are approximately 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Weekend and overtime work may be required at certain times throughout the year.
Location: Goshen, IN
Travel Expectations: Minimal travel is expected for this position <5%
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be able to pass E-Verify.
Lippert provides equal employment opportunity to all Team Members and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected category.