Technical School Welding or 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Individual must comply with the LTE Quality Management System. This position is full-time (40 hours per week or more) unless otherwise noted in individual personnel file.
Coordinates activities of welders engaged in welding of structural, ornamental, or sheet metal products.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- First class welding on all products. First class welding consists of using correct parts, welding parts according to the corresponding print, producing parts at a rate consistent with operation sheet standards, such as piece parts per hour.
- Positions parts in jigs or fixtures.
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Lays out, positions, and tack welds workpieces.
- Welds along vertical weld lines.
- Chips or grinds off excess weld, slag, or spatter.
- Analyzes work orders and blueprints to determine information such as material to be used, type of operations, and sequence of operations required.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Production work orders are properly documented prior to beginning operations, notifying engineering of any incorrect or incomplete operation sheets or blueprints.
- Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments of machines.
- Responsible for all production , all parts and assemblies must be to print.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Supervise and monitor on the job training of all new production personnel.
- Compliance to LTE QMS or other procedure requirements.
- Orders all supplies and tools needed for the department (gas, wire, gloves, sanding belts, etc.).
- Upkeep and maintenance of machines assigned and personal equipment issued to the department (tools, gloves, aprons, etc.) p 1 of 2
- Cleanliness in the department.
- Work in a cooperative manner with fellow employees.
- Program and operate robotic welder.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
DESCRIPTION OF REQUIREMENTS:
Walk/Stand -- 4 hours
Sit -- 5 hours "Occasionally" means 1% to 33%,
Lift up to 100 pounds -- Occasionally "Frequently" means 34% to 66%,
Push/Pull 100 pounds -- Occasionally "Continuously" means 67% to 100%
Reach above shoulders -- Frequently of an eight hour work day.
Bend/Stoop -- Frequently
Climb Ladder -- Occasionally
Operate Fork Lift -- Valid certificate
Gloves when necessary