Who We Are
We are the leading supplier of components to the recreational vehicle and residential housing industries, as well as adjacent industries including bus, cargo and equestrian trailer, marine, and heavy truck. With over 65 facilities located throughout the United States, Canada, Ireland, Italy, and the United Kingdom, our more than 9,000 team members work together to bring innovative product solutions to market every day.
Why We are Different
At Lippert Components, Everyone Matters. We are striving to make lives better through meaningful relationships with our co-workers, our customers, and our communities. LCI team members feel a deeper sense of purpose at work, and we continue to build a better work environment by aligning our cultural and business strategies with the needs of our many team members. We measure success by how we touch the lives of people inside and outside our walls.
What You will Get
- A company culture where everyone matters.
- Healthcare + Dental + Vision + 401k with Employer match
- Career development and mentoring
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Annual flu immunization
- Holiday, personal and vacation days
- Local and national discounts
- Wellness offerings
The role is responsible for strategic planning, sourcing and procurement management, supplier relationship management as well as internal customer relationship management. Maximizing value as well as ROI, while minimizing risk and assuring quality of delivery and performance in this critical function. As the IT Procurement Manager you will be assisting the IT team in obtaining quotes, purchasing and tracking of equipment needed for oncoming acquisitions, new hires and other business needs in addition to reviewing, processing and document management of equipment requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Define the IT/IS Procurement Strategy to establish supply sources, maximize current and future market conditions, and define contingency planning to ensure critical supply needs are met.
- Establish end-to-end process with ownership and commitment to procurement strategies throughout planning and execution.
- Establish and maintain portfolio of strategic agreements and key supplier relationships to manage risk to Lippert in procuring materials and services (i.e., pricing, supply, quality, etc.)
- Establish and evaluate performance metrics
- Drive engagement of procurement with the business teams to optimize value creation and delivery.
- Serve as subject matter expert to drive external and marketplace knowledge of the latest category dynamics, trends, and best practices.
- Identify, prioritize, and drive implementation of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develop and manage mutually beneficial relationships with key suppliers.
- Contribute to establishing metrics and evaluate, develop and prioritize approaches to meet business objectives and targets; Manage supplier performance based on performance objectives; Oversee the quarterly business review process for key suppliers.
- Provide high level of issue resolution where necessary (supplier quality and service)
- Responsible for strategic sourcing, supplier management and contract management; Ensure expedient and compliant implementation of new contracts throughout organization.
- Provide leadership and support during sourcing initiatives, including total cost of ownership model development, category strategy development, fact-based negotiation strategy development & execution, supplier evaluation & selection, and category implementation.
- Establish strong supplier relationships, effectively manage category supply base, perform advanced and intricate negotiations, and oversee selection of key suppliers.
- Actively monitor vendor and internal performance against contracts, industry benchmarks, and previous baselines on a quarterly basis. Develop and submit reports for Executive management.
- Identify and evaluate market changes and new technologies - make appropriate fact-based recommendations.
- Manage and/or lead preparation and evaluation of RFQs.
- Oversee roll-out of new vendor contracts and processes to all users.
- Drive efforts to understand internal customer needs and summarize business requirements as input into enterprise-wide sourcing efforts; work to identify, prioritize and manage requirements for current, new and changing corporate activities;
- Proactively engage internal partners to communicate solution recommendations based on category, market and sourcing information
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
- 7+ years of experience in procurement/strategic sourcing
- 2+ years of recent experience in IT/IS procurement
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies
- Masters/MBA preferred
- Sound knowledge of modern procurement processes, systems and tools
- Knowledge of critical procurement legal requirements and contracting best practices
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience in project management of cross-functional and global teams
- Strong strategic, analytical and conceptual skills coupled with entrepreneurial thinking
- Passion for IT and strong knowledge of digitization and digital capabilities
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and decisiveness; takes prompt action to accomplish goals; proactively attempts to influence events rather than passively accept outcomes.
- Excellent communication, influence and interpersonal skills. Can effectively communicate new ideas to audiences ranging from team members to Senior Leadership.
- Strong financial analysis – can gather, organize and evaluate financial data in order to support business decision making.
- Excellent risk and opportunity management- Identify, assess, prioritize, document and manage risk and its impact
- Team player who can manage ambiguity and work within a matrix environment
- Primarily working indoors, office environment.
- May sit for several hours at a time.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.
This role has supervisory responsibility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The Team Member may have to lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time salary position, typical hours/days of work are 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Travel will be minimal and would be primarily local during the business day with approximately 15% travel outside of the local area.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
Must be able to pass E-Verify.
LCI provides equal employment opportunity to all Team Members and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected category.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Team Member for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.