The Lean Site Manager leads improvement projects related to process and continuous improvement in the areas of quality, operations, productivity, and cost using Lean methodologies and tools.
- Within area of responsibility analyze current work practices to identify areas for improvement and educate as to how to improve the business and manufacturing processes
- Perform work place audits and streamlining processes within areas of responsibility
- Able to complete process mapping, value stream mapping, identifying inefficiencies in productivity, with a particular focus on layouts and sequencing
- Demonstrate performance excellence behaviors within the business and champion performance excellence initiatives
- Support the business in establishing "best practice" manufacturing techniques
- Able to implement standard work, visual factory and error proofing procedures (poka-yoke, etc.)
- Able to perform risk assessments, root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Monitor the completion of all projects and track financial savings and spending for team/projects
- Consistently promotes high standards
- Ensures a safe manufacturing environment and adheres to safety practices per policy.
- Applies knowledge of project management, Lean and performance improvement methodologies
- Facilitates improvements in operating performance through fundamental rethinking and redesign of core processes utilizing Lean methodologies and recommends changes or improvements based on time and motion study results
- Works with staff to develop the use of Lean methodologies and tools to create a Lean culture throughout Lippert Component INC
- Create a working environment that promotes positive employee attitudes, effective communications, trust, collaboration, creativity and optimal productivity
- Act as role model, verbally and behaviorally demonstrating skill, enthusiasm, positive problem solving, commitment and loyalty to the organization
- Technical Capacity.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Results Driven.
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer software sills
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Employees in this position may be exposed to the following:
- Wet Work- Hands/Feet
- Use of Electrical Equipment
- Use Sharp Utensils
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements
Equipment Provided by LCI includes (if needed):
- Safety Glasses
- Ear Plugs
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and the expected work hours are 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday; weekend and overnight work can be also necessary.
Local travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Must be able to demonstrate Lean Manufacturing knowledge and skills
- Must be able to manage and interact effectively with diverse groups
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must have proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good communication skills; read, speaks and writes English fluently
- Bilingual skills in Spanish preferred
- Must possess an understanding of efficient manufacturing processes
- Problem-solving skills, Leading Team skills, and Analytical skills
- Understanding of cost and financial impacts
- Proven Kaizen and Line Balance track record
- Relentless at waste elimination
- Master facilitator, great communicator, earns respect from co-workers instantly
- Has insane passion to coach others in continuous improvement / lean training and
- Deep understanding of Process Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Industrial Engineering
- College degree required; Manufacturing, Engineering, Technology, or other related field experience preferred
- Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt certification in related field with extensive proven hands on experience is preferred but not needed
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be able to pass EVerify.
LCI provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected category.