Responsible for working with Maintenance Supervisors to identify priority, scope, safety and resource prerequisites, and scheduling requirements of work orders. Responsible for adhering to LCI core values, safety guidelines, and lean initiatives. Required to request support, as necessary, from other Maintenance leadership and Maintenance technicians. All Maintenance positions support operations and production first, when necessary.
- Work Requests – Responsible for screening of work requests and clarification of expectations with Requestors in a timely fashion, as required by department standards
- Inspections – Responsible for review of technician Inspections for completion and necessary follow up, as required by department standards
- Preventative Maintenance – Responsible for initial scheduling of PMs on a monthly basis, with follow up necessary to assure PM schedule is fulfilled, as required by department standards
- Work Order Closure – Responsible for driving scheduling and following up on closure, of work orders, so that work orders are fulfilled and completed in CMMS, as required by department standards
- Ordering – Responsible for ordering of components, equipment, and specialized tools from parts lists provided by Maintenance Supervisors or Managers to complete work orders; racking and labeling of components by work order # within the hub for Technicians to access, as required by department standards
- Field Walks – Responsible for field walks to identify work requirements, and to perform auditing and inventory, as necessary
- Continuous Improvement – Responsible for consulting with appropriate Maintenance Supervisors and seeking approval from Maintenance Manager in response to request for alterations to Preventative Maintenance schedules or procedures.
- Planning – Participates in shutdown and weekend planning, as required by department
- Assists Maintenance Manager with clerical, auditing, or inventory projects; compiles and delivers reports from Tabware, as requested by the Maintenance Manager
- Coaching – Responsible for coaching and problem solving technical problems with Tabware and Technician tablets
- Forklift Maintenance – May be responsible for coordination of repair and preventative maintenance of forklift units on campus, as designated by Maintenance Manager
- Good housekeeping and implementing/sustaining 5s standards
- Observation and promotion of all safety rules and policies
- Basic computer, reading/writing, and communication skills
- Ability to interpret manuals and technical drawings
- Highly motivated, organized, self-starter, able execute work from daily schedule
- Required to use honesty, integrity, and candor with the entire Maintenance team to create trust, and to support their passion for winning
- Committed to a maintaining positive attitude and caring about people
- Must be reliable and prompt
This role does not have any supervisory responsibility upon hiring.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active – while performing this job the employee is regularly standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, balancing, reaching, handling, and climbing all day. The employee may have to lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
In addition, the employee may be exposed to dust, fumes, gases, noise, heat, cold, and wet work while performing job duties. This position requires Personal Protective Equipment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time hourly position, and hours of work and days are based upon the need to support operations and production. Some Saturdays will be mandatory.
No travel will be required.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must successfully complete LCI new hire safety training and refreshers
- Must be able to successfully pass the LCI OSHA approved forklift-training course
- Must successfully complete all LCI lean training, as required
- Must successfully complete LCI Tabware Technician Training
- Must successfully complete LCI Tabware Core Training
Preferred Education and Experience
- Basic Construction - Solid understanding of technical aspects of commercial construction, plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems etc.
- Basic Fabrication – Ability to weld or experience with basic metal fabrication
- Basic Maintenance - Basic knowledge of facilities machines and equipment
- Rigging – Experience rigging and moving equipment with a boom
- Multi Meter – Experience with a meter or other electrical test equipment
- Schematics – Ability to read electrical, hydraulic, or pneumatic prints
- Repair-Education/Experience with machine operation and repair
- Coating-Experience servicing coating or blasting systems
- PLC-Education/Experience servicing programmable logic systems
- Permitting – Experience working with local or state licensing/permitting preferred
- Welding – Experience working in a Welding environment preferred
- Coating Systems – Experience working in an environment with a powder coating system preferred
- CMMS – Work with CMMS software preferred; knowledge of Tabware software a plus
- Lean – Experience with preventative maintenance, world class manufacturing methodologies, predictive maintenance, 5s, lean/six sigma principles, and/or daily team maintenance preferred
- CAD – Experience drafting with CAD software preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be able to pass EVerify.
LCI provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected category.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.