- Contribute to development and maintenance of embedded products and infrastructure related to our IoT initiative, which allows remote control and monitoring of our Recreational Vehicle products over the internet
- Contribute to development, launch and maintenance of our next-gen cellular-hotspot / IoT cloud gateway product for Recreational Vehicles (RVs)
- Contribute to designing and building a full-scale OTA (over the air update) system for our product line
- Write firmware for 8, 16 and 32-bit designs. Most new designs are 32-bit on the Kinetis platform
- Work on all phases of product lifecycle (prototyping through production, testing, maintenance, and end of life).
- Works with hardware leads to debug firmware / hardware integration
- Experienced candidates will be responsible for leading firmware design for their products. From planning and writing, to bootstrapping and debugging the code, to validating the code for production, and eventually to production and field support.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a software developer
- Solid OOP and software architect / design knowledge
- Expertise with embedded Linux
- Familiarity with using build environments such as Yocto or Buildroot to build an embedded Linux distribution
- Expertise with C language
- Experience with IoT and cloud services
- Competency with C#/.NET
- Basic knowledge of automotive CAN bus and/or similar low level serial protocols
- Ability to problem solve typical embedded system development problems
- Should be knowledgeable of source control management tools, preferably Git
- Self-driven, takes ownership of problems and works independently on finding solutions.
- Enjoys collaborating with and learning from other highly talented engineers.
- Candidate must be self-directed and have passion for excellence
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- General Safety. (GP10034)
- Electrostatic Discharge Awareness.
- Foreign Object Damage Awareness.
- Quality System Awareness.
- Safety glasses must be worn at all times out on the production floor
This position is located in an office environment
This position has very light physical demands, as duties are carried out in an office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires standing, walking, bending, crouching, reaching and handling. The employee may have to lift and/or move items over 5 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are typically Monday through Friday, time depends on production demands.
Minimal to no travel required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Ideal candidate is strong in both software and hardware design, and can work independently to develop embedded systems product.
- Expertise with C#/.NET
- Familiarity writing kernel drivers
- Experience with embedded RTOS
- Expertise with automotive CAN bus and associated protocols
- Familiarity with home automation systems development
- Radio / RF / Bluetooth/WiFi experience a plus
- Ethernet networking knowledge
- Experience with SSL/TLS, OAuth, federated security and other security technologies
- Experienced with web and mobile (iOS and Android) application construction
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be able to pass EVerify.
LCI provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected category.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job description has been approved by all levels of management:
Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.