This position is primarily responsible for assisting in the flow of production and the movement of raw and finished materials through the various phases of production
- Observance of all safety rules and policies maintained by the company;
- Maintenance of material inventory; including unloading of delivery vehicles;
- Movement of raw material through installation area;
- Assurance of proper parts specifications (size, dimensions, gauge, etc.) for chassis completion;
- Assurance of sufficient part supply at all processing stations;
- Movement of completed parts from installation area to shipping area;
- Assistance in repair work as necessary;
- Rotation of position into production team structure as necessary;
- Maintenance of good housekeeping practices.
- Must be able to work as a part of a team to achieve the company’s overall goals;
- Must demonstrate clear verbal and written communication skills (English);
- Must be able to read and process written communication including, but not limited to measurements, directions, instructions, etc.;
- Must be able to help production meet goals and time deadlines for company projects;
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision;
- Must be able to operate appropriate office equipment including screw, rivet guns, and impacts, etc.;
- Must be able to operate a Lift Truck or Tractor as necessary;
- Must be able to physically lift and maneuver weights in excess of fifty pounds;
- Must be able to operate a Lift Truck as necessary;
- Must possess successful problem solving skills;
- Must be able to exhibit tact and diplomacy and maintain professional relationships with supervisors, fellow employees, customers, etc.;
- Must be able to work under physically and mentally stressful situations
- Must be able to deal with climate extremes (temperature, precipitation, etc.);
- Must be able to prioritize and easily adapt to changes through the day.
This role does not have any supervisory responsibility upon hiring.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires 98% standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing ladders. The employee may have to lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.