Responsible for coordinating, leading, and supporting the work activities of Maintenance Technicians in an industrial production environment. Responsible for adhering to LCI core values, safety guidelines, and lean initiatives. Required to provide support, as necessary, to Maintenance Technicians and other Maintenance leadership.
- Oversees a staff of hourly maintenance workers in one or more areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, and machine and electrical maintaining, repairing, rebuilding, installation, and servicing.
- Champions improvement activities, including, but not limited to, preventative maintenance, world class manufacturing methodologies, predictive maintenance, 5s, lean/six sigma principles, safety, and daily team maintenance strategies as directed by Maintenance or Plant Managers.
- Contributes to the development of processes and procedures to align with overall goals of the department as established by the General Manager and Maintenance Director.
- Works with the Maintenance Planner to review work requests and establish daily and weekly priorities.
- Works with the Maintenance Planner and Maintenance Technicians to ensure that materials for work to be completed are received in a timely manner.
- Responsible for keeping spare parts inventories for the group at pre-determined levels.
- Enforces the Safety standards throughout the Maintenance Department and throughout the facility.
- Follows up with Requestors on work requests when complete or when additional information is available/needed.
- Responsible for reviewing the quality, consistency, and efficiency of Maintenance Technicians’ work product.
- Responsible for communicating with the Safety department to enforce current policy and implement corrective action plans throughout the facility.
- Responsible for hourly employee disciplinary actions, employee reviews, and employee timekeeping, field job assignment observation, and scheduling
- Creates training plans and opportunities for all team members; trains team members on safety topics, as required.
- Works with other team members to coordinate work between Maintenance team members and outside vendors when necessary.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and approved budgets are observed.
- Must be able to work as a part of a team to achieve the company’s overall goals.
- Must demonstrate clear verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Must be able to read and process written communication including, but not limited to measurements, directions, instructions, etc.Must possess critical thinking and successful problem solving skills.
- Must be able to exhibit tact and diplomacy and maintain professional relationships with supervisors, fellow employees, customers, etc.
- Must be able to work under physically and mentally stressful situations.
- Must be able to prioritize and easily adapt to changes through the day.
This role will have multiple direct reports, including Maintenance Technicians.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active – while performing this job the employee is regularly standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, balancing, reaching, handling, and climbing all day. The employee may have to lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
In addition, the employee may be exposed to dust, fumes, gases, noise, heat, cold, and wet work while performing job duties. This position requires Personal Protective Equipment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salary position, and hours of work and days are based upon the need to support operations and production. Some Saturdays will be mandatory.
Only local travel will be required regularly, with infrequent extended travel opportunities.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience as a Maintenance Supervisor or in a supervisory role.
- Experience organizing and overseeing multiple projects, and crews.
- Must successfully complete LCI new hire safety training and refreshers.
- Must be able to successfully pass the LCI OSHA approved forklift-training course.
- Must successfully complete LCI new hire safety training and refreshers, Lock Out Tag Out Training, Arc Flash/Electrical Hazard Training, Fall Hazard Training, Confined Space Training, Lean Training, Tabware training.
- Must be able to observe and promote all safety rules and policies.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, team building, and computer skills.
- Must have outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Extensive knowledge of department processes preferred.
- Experience working in a Welding environment preferred.
- Experience working in an environment with a powder coating system preferred.
- Work with CMMS software preferred; knowledge of Tabware software a plus.
- Experience with preventative maintenance, world class manufacturing methodologies, predictive maintenance, 5s, lean/six sigma principles, and/or daily team maintenance preferred.
- Experience pouring and finishing concrete may be preferred.
- Ability to weld or experience with basic metal fabrication may be preferred.
- Experience diagnosing/resolving issues with overhead doors may be preferred.
- Experience rigging and moving equipment with a boom preferred.
- Experience with a meter or other electrical test equipment preferred.
- Ability to read electrical, hydraulic, or pneumatic prints preferred.
- Education/Experience with machine operation and repair preferred.
- Experience with servicing HVAC or pneumatic compressors may be preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be able to pass EVerify.
LCI provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected category.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.