Responsible for safely and effectively troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining operations and production equipment at a pace that meets production demands. Responsible for adhering to LCI core values, safety guidelines, and lean initiatives. Required to request support, as necessary, from other Maintenance Technicians and Maintenance leadership. All Maintenance positions support operations and production first, when necessary.
- Basic Tools –Able to safely perform maintenance tasks using basic hand tools and basic power tools
- Basic Mechanical – Able to safely and proficiently perform basic mechanical troubleshooting and rebuild tasks
- Basic Electrical – Able to safely and proficiently perform basic troubleshooting and movement of electrical circuits
- Basic Controls - Responsible for diagnosing/maintaining/installing PLC and HMI systems and their associated circuits
- Hoists – Responsible for diagnosing/maintaining/installing production hoists and maintaining bridge cranes in a timely fashion
- Welders - Responsible for diagnosing/maintaining/installing welding equipment in a timely fashion
- Camber Torches - Responsible for diagnosing/maintaining/installing propane and oxygen fueled torch equipment in a timely fashion
- Saws - Responsible for diagnosing/maintaining/installing production band saw equipment in a timely fashion
- Plasma Cutters – Responsible for diagnosing/maintaining/installing production plasma cutting equipment in a timely fashion
- Blast Booth - Responsible for diagnosing/maintaining/installing blast booth and reclaim equipment and components
- Dust Collection - Responsible for diagnosing/maintaining/installing dust collection and sieve equipment and components
- Powder Coat - Responsible for diagnosing/maintaining/installing powder coating guns, controllers, booth, and associated equipment
- Breathing Air - Responsible for diagnosing/maintaining/installing breathing air equipment
- Oven - Responsible for diagnosing/maintaining dry off and cure oven systems
- Conveyor - Responsible for diagnosing/maintaining/installing overhead conveyor systems and components
- Compressors - Responsible for safe and proficient diagnostics of pneumatic compressor systems
- Fork/Aerial Lifts – Able to safely and proficiently operate fork trucks and aerial lifts
- Doors – Responsible for powering down, raising, and securing overhead doors
- Good housekeeping and implementing/sustaining 5s standards
- Observation and promotion of all safety rules and policies
- Basic computer, reading/writing, and communication skills
- Ability to interpret manuals and technical drawings
- Highly motivated, organized, self-starter, able execute work from daily schedule
- Required to use honesty, integrity, and candor with the entire Maintenance team to create trust, and to support their passion for winning
- Committed to a maintaining positive attitude and caring about people
- Must be reliable and prompt
This role does not have any supervisory responsibility upon hiring.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active – while performing this job the employee is regularly standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, balancing, reaching, handling, and climbing all day. The employee may have to lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
In addition, the employee may be exposed to dust, fumes, gases, noise, heat, cold, and wet work while performing job duties. This position requires Personal Protective Equipment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time hourly position, and hours of work and days are based upon the need to support operations and production. Some Saturdays will be mandatory.
No travel will be required.
Required Education and Experience
- Must successfully complete LCI new hire safety training and refreshers
- Must be able to successfully pass the LCI OSHA approved forklift-training course
- Must successfully complete LCI Lock Out Tag Out Training
- Must successfully complete LCI Electrical Safe Work Practices Training, as required
- Must successfully complete LCI Fall Hazard Training, as required
- Must successfully complete LCI Confined Space Training, as required
- Must successfully complete LCI Hot Work Training, as required
- Must successfully complete all LCI lean training, as required
- Must successfully complete LCI Tabware Technician Training
Preferred Education and Experience
- Basic Fabrication – Ability to weld or experience with basic metal fabrication
- Overhead Doors – Experience diagnosing/resolving issues with overhead doors
- Rigging – Experience rigging and moving equipment with a boom
- Multi Meter – Experience with a meter or other electrical test equipment
- Schematics – Ability to read electrical, hydraulic, or pneumatic prints
- Repair-Education/Experience with machine operation and repair
- Mechanicals – Experience with servicing pneumatic compressors
- Conveyors - Experience servicing overhead conveyor systems
- Coating-Experience servicing coating or blasting systems
- PLC-Education/Experience servicing programmable logic systems
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Work Authorization/Security ClearanceAAP/EEO Statement
LCI provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected category.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Must be able to pass EVerify.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications