- Work with sales, manufacturing, and engineering to gather product change information and business rules
- Translate information into logic in the product configuration development tools
- Maintain options to properly represent the product offering
- Provide a user friendly interface to support the quote and order process
- Create logic to properly validate orders by providing prompts to guide the user
- Manage logic so that orders reflect the correct raw material consumption to support inventory and costing
- Develop logic to generate routings and fabrication instructions
- Create calculations to provide the user a price based upon the selected configuration
- Develop configuration logic to ensure engineering standards are applied
- Test configuration logic to ensure the system consistently, accurately, and efficiently achieves the expected results
- Manage the change process when new products or options are added or made obsolete
- Develop supporting data for manufacturing and production scheduling
- Create content to support the guided selling experience
- Develop other documentation for user support as needed
- Strong technical aptitude, attention to detail and accuracy
- Understanding of product structure, database logic, and general manufacturing processes
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, identify trends, and draw valid conclusions
- Self-motivated with ability to establish priorities and effectively manage time to complete multiple tasks
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and/or cooperatively and effectively in a cross-functional team
- Technical Capacity.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Results Driven.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities upon hiring, however, potential direct reports are a possibility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talk and listen. This position is not very active when it comes to movement and requires a lot of typing and sitting in a chair.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and the expected work hours are 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday; weekend and overnight work is also necessary.
Local travel expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma, some college preferred
- MS office (outlook, excel, word)
- Ability to interpret engineering prints
- Comfortable working with those in manufacturing and occasionally being on the shop floor
- Detail Orientation
- Able to work on a cross functional team.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Manufacturing experience
- General ERP knowledge
- Bill of material maintenance
- Quality experience
- Excel formula experience
- Inventory control experience
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be able to pass EVerify.
LCI provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected category.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.