The Assembly Laborer reports to a supervisor and is responsible assembling components according to product specifications.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies
- Daily communication with supervisor regarding potential issues
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ensures safety measures are followed to protect personnel and company property
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing quality and timely results
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor and management
- Maintains the highest standard of personal conduct in performing all duties
- Willingness to be flexible with schedule in order to meet customer demands
- Commitment to ensuring jobs are completed accurately within deadlines
- Possesses the physical stamina and perseverance to handle pressure well
- Proactive in avoiding mistakes that should be anticipated rather than reactive
- Encourages a positive rather than negative viewpoint
- Ability to work well with others while pursuing common goal
- Communicates honestly, openly, and consistently
This position has no supervisory responsibilities upon hiring, however, potential direct reports are a possibility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee may have to lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Can be hot or cold depending on outside environmental conditions
- Will be exposed to a loud and noisy environment
- May be interrupted frequently to meet needs and request of personnel and management
- Work area is busy and noisy making it challenging to concentrate
- Peak times may require longer work period in order to meet the customer demands
- Continued interruptions require effective stress management with focus on obtaining goals.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and the expected work hours are 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday; weekend and overnight work is also necessary.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Up to 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Able to identify that product meets quality and productivity standards
- Ability to use hand tools
- Ability to focus on details to guarantee production of high quality products
- Ability to read and follow documented procedures and standards
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements
- Willing and available to work overtime to reach goals
- Clear communication (oral and written) skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) plus
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
No further eligibility qualifications for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be able to pass EVerify.
LCI provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected category.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.